Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Grilled Cheese

Grilled Cheese with Tomato Mushroom Soup
I know there must be a thousand variations of the classic Grilled Cheese Sandwich, but I couldn't resist adding my recipe to the list and making it a thousand and one. Mainly, because I feel like my one recipe is as important as any other one out there. (You can call me humble!) So, with my super quick and easy version of Tomato Soup with Mushrooms and Basil, I also invented my own super quick and easy Grilled Cheese.

2 slices whole wheat bread
Mayonnaise
Cayenne chili powder to taste
Sharp Cheddar, shredded
Pepper to taste

Spread a nice, thick layer of mayonnaise onto each slice. Now sprinkle the cayenne and pepper on one slice. Next pile on as much cheese as you like, onto the slice with the pepper and cayenne. Add salt if desired, and cover the sandwich with the second slice. Put it into the toaster oven at about 400 degrees Fahrenheit so that the cheese has a chance to melt and the bread gets a beautiful brown color. Serve Hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to leave me any comments.