Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Chicken Curry Quiche

Chicken Curry Quiche
My mom is an extremely good cook.  She is capable,very often, of taking something old and boring out of the fridge, and giving it a completely different flavor, texture, and taste. It becomes a whole new dish, and it's usually a big hit with us. The sad part is, its not always easy to recreate, especially when she combines a couple of different leftovers to make it. I can only aspire to my mums ability to do this, and this dish is the kind of thing I think she would do. As per my mums request, I would like to add in this announcement... We do not serve leftovers to guests at our home. We only do this kind of thing for our immediate nuclear family!

I used the leftover chicken from the Chicken Curry that I made a couple of days previous (its the same recipe as Easy Pork Curry), after we ran out of the curry and only had chicken left. It turned out to be quite a good quiche and I was able to brag about it to my dad, who was the first person to nominate my mom for that prestigious title!

3-4 pieces leftover chicken, shredded
1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
2-3 green chilies, finely chopped
Salt to taste
Chili powder to taste
pepper to taste
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup milk
1 9" frz pie shell

Chicken Curry Quiche
Bake the pie shell empty according to the packaging. It should be cooked so that the base isn't soggy. In the mean time de-bone the chicken and cut it into small pieces or shred it. Include any of the curry masala that sticks to the chicken. Set aside. Finely chop the cilantro leaves, and the green chilies and keep them aside too, separately. Beat together the eggs and milk and keep ready.Once the pie shell is out of the oven, let it cool for a few minutes.

To assemble, evenly layer the chicken on the bottom of the pie shell. Then sprinkle with salt, pepper, and chili powder. Next spread the green chilies out evenly, and then the chopped cilantro. Top the whole thing with the milk and egg mixture. Bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 15 to 20 minutes or until the quiche is set. Serve hot with a salad and bread.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to try that Nats :D:D... So delicious it looks

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Feel free to leave me any comments.