Thursday, February 2, 2012

Baked Fish In Foil

Baked Fish In Foil
When I diet, I like to follow this book called 'The Four Day Diet'. It gives me an extremely well-balanced meal, and doesn't leave me hungry. It was while I was doing this diet, that I came up with this recipe. Part of the diet states that I must eat a piece of fish or chicken on some days, and this is a completely oil/ fat free recipe (save from the fats in the fish).

I use Tilapia fillets; mainly because I don't like fish, and Tilapia is the least fishy- tasting fish I know and the fillets always come with the fat and skin removed. The reason I put the fish in foil, is so that the fish and vegetables get a chance to steam. The fish cooks fairly quickly, but the peppers and onions need to softened and cook by steaming. Also, this forces the water from the fish to stay in the foil, and doesn't let the fish dry up.



2 fillets fish (any type of fish fillet will do)
1 red pepper, sliced
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
2 tsp oregano
2 tsp basil
Onion powder to taste
1 tsp chili flakes
2 pieces of Aluminium foil

Cut out two pieces of aluminium foil, large enough to individually wrap each piece of fish. In a bowl marinade the fish with all ingredients except peppers. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Place fish in the center of  a piece of foil, and top with peppers. Then close up the foil until it is well sealed, but not so tight that you have to tear it open later. Place it in an oven safe dish. Repeat with the other other piece. Then put it in the oven for about 25-35 minutes. Next take the fish out of the oven, and open only the top of the foil, so that the sides are still sealed and the water cannot escape. BE CAREFUL OF THE STEAM WHEN OPENING THE FOIL. Increase the oven temperature to 450 degrees Fahrenheit and put the fish back in the oven with the foil open on top, so that the peppers get a chance to brown. Keep it in the oven for about 10 minutes, then remove and serve with bread and salad.

Baked Fish
Notes:

*Different fish have different cooking times, my recipe is based off cooking Tilapia fillets.

*Different ovens also have different cooking times, so once you open the foil, make sure the peppers brown and not burn.

*In today's recipe I only used red peppers; however, I usually use a mix of red and yellow peppers and onions. Sometimes to make it spicy I also add a whole chili, slit down the length of one side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to leave me any comments.