Friday, January 27, 2012

Roasted Butternut Squash

Roasted Butternut Squash
Butternut Squash is one of my new found loves. I'd never eaten one until recently and I love the stuff. My biggest problem with it is that I can never tell if its ripe or not, until I cut into it. So I end up buying them and then letting them sit on my shelf for anything between 2 weeks to a month. Then I get fed up of looking at it, and decide to cut it open and take the risk. It is usually extremely difficult to peel, but when it's open it seems, perfectly ready to use. So I never know if I'm feeding my husband unripe butternut squash or not. Either way, we both really love this recipe and it makes for a super, easy side dish.

1 butternut squash
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Chili powder to taste
Little oil

Preheat the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Peel, de-seed, and cut the butternut squash into chunks. In a bowl, spray the squash with a little oil, then sprinkle the salt, pepper, and chili powder over it. Toss till well mixed, and put into a greased oven proof dish. Bake for about 45 - 60 minutes. The squash, when cooked, should be soft. If you want to add a little color to it, turn the oven onto broil and the heat up to 450 degrees for a few minutes. Serve Hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to leave me any comments.