Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Masala Cauliflower and Potatoes


This recipe is from The Zoroastrian Stree Mandal Cookbook. It’s an old cookbook created with recipes that have been contributed by the ladies of Zoroastrian population of Hyderabad, India, including my grandmother and my great-aunts. I love trying recipes from this book. It reminds me of the kind of food I get at home. I added the cauliflower to this recipe; it turned out excellent and was extremely easy to make.

Masala Cauliflower and Potatoes
2 potatoes, sliced thin
1 tsp cumin, whole
½ tsp cumin, ground
3-4 cloves garlic, chopped fine
½ tsp chili powder
Few curry leaves
Salt to taste
Little oil

Peel and cut potatoes into thin slices. Heat the oil, add the garlic and fry. Then add the cumin, chili powder, salt, and curry leaves. Next, mix in the cauliflower, the potatoes and a little water. Cover and simmer till the potatoes are cooked. Serve hot with chapati.

Notes:
*Do not put in too much water. The potato cooks fairly quickly and the dish is supposed to be fairly dry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to leave me any comments.