Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Beef and Barley Stew


When I was in college, my favorite soup at the cafeteria was the Italian Wedding Soup, mainly because I loved the barley in it. So I decided to try and make something with barley in it. My husband isn’t a big fan of soups, so I decided to try making this beef and barley stew. It is a modification of a recipe I found on The Food Network Website. Hope you like it. 

Beef and Barley Stew

1 lb beef stew pieces
1 cup pearl barley
1 pkt frz green beans, thawed
1 pkt frz three peppers and onions, thawed
1 onion, chopped into 6 pieces
7-10 baby carrots chopped in half
1 tbsp chili flakes
1 sprig fresh oregano
2 sprig fresh thyme
3-4 sprigs fresh rosemary
1 tbsp soy sauce
Salt to taste
1 tbsp pepper
1 tsp sriracha
5 cups beef stock

In a bowl mix together one cup of stock with the soy sauce and sriracha. Place all the ingredients in the slow cooker, except the fresh herbs and the beef. Give all the ingredients a good stir, so that they all mix together. Then add the beef and top with fresh herbs. Cook on low for 6 hours. Serve hot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to leave me any comments.