Sunday, October 11, 2015

Last Week's Dinner Menus


Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
Since my son was born last year, this house has been a permanent disaster where I have been struggling to get organized and get things done. I'm sure you've heard this before from other people, but I've found that making some sort of meal plan helps me get something other than a frozen pizza on the table at dinner time. And now that our son is eating the same food as us, and is sitting at the table with us, I've been trying to make our meals a little more healthy. To add to it, in an attempt to lose some weight I have been on a low-carb diet, which means no carbs for dinner. So, everything we make has to have the option of rice or bread on the side.

Making these meal plans on a Saturday or Sunday also means I get the groceries for the week all at one time, and don't have to keep running to the store for 1 or 2 things. I am going to try and post our meal plan every week, along with the links to some recipes I may have already put up here. I have got to tell you, that despite these meal plans, we end up eating a bag of steamed vegetables and some Tyson's chicken, or meatballs once a week.

My plans are only for the weekdays, because we usually go out for dinner on Saturdays and eat all the weeks leftovers on Sundays. I make large quantities for dinner so that my husband can take leftovers for lunch the next day too; while D and I eat sandwiches, yogurt, or mac n cheese.

Monday - Easy Prep Turkey Moussaka and a ready bag of salad
Tuesday - Lentils with carrots and Kachumbar
Wednesday - Curried Butternut Squash and Apple Soup, Ready-to-bake Honeysuckle White Turkey breast
Thursday - Moroccan Chicken Stew with garlic bread
Friday - Gorton's Beer Batter Fish and Steamed Vegetables with herbs

NOTES - For Tuesday's dinner,  I added a handful of baby carrots to the lentils before putting the lid on the pressure cooker, so that we would have some vegetable in our lentils.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to leave me any comments.