Thursday, October 4, 2012

Apple Chips


Apple Chips
I don’t know why I've never thought to make these before! They are healthy, easy to make, and delicious. After coming home from apple-picking with a half bushel of apples, I started to think of everything I can make with them and chips was one of many ideas. So I Googled around and found this recipe. I’m simply coping and pasting it here with the link, because I followed her instructions to the tee. The only difference, I baked them for about 1 hour 15 minutes. Thank you Snack Girl.



Apple Chip Recipe

from Ontario Apple Growers
(makes 2 cups)
2 large apples
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp cinnamon

1. Preheat oven to 200 Fahrenheit.
2. Thinly slice apples crosswise about 1/8-inch (2 mm) thick with a mandolin or sharp knife.
3. Arrange apple slices in a single layer on two parchment-lined rimmed baking sheets. In small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Put mixture into a sieve and sprinkle evenly over apple slices.
4. Bake in the top and bottom third of the oven until apples are dry and crisp, about 2 hours. Remove from oven and let ‘chips’ cool completely before transferring to a sealed container for up to 3 days.

Apple Chip Bowl
Notes: 
*Buy a mandolin if you don't have one. They work beautifully.
*The photo I've posted is one that I took of the chips I made. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to leave me any comments.