Friday, April 13, 2012

Wafer pur Eedu (Eggs on Chips)

As I’d mentioned on my Eggs on Turnip Greens post, we Parsis love, love, love eggs on almost anything; and eggs on chips is everyone’s favorite. I’ve yet to meet someone who does not like this recipe. I wouldn’t call this a very healthy recipe; however, I do not add any oil to it at all. My husband and I were reminiscing about it recently and so, last night, we had it for dinner as part of my birthday celebration. All in all, it’s an easy, can’t-go-wrong kind of recipe.

Eggs on Chips
1 large bag Lays Salted Potato Chips
Eggs (2 per head)
Chili powder to taste
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
2-3 chilies, finely chopped (increase or decrease depending on your tolerance for spice)
1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
Lime for garnish

In a deep frying pan spread out a generous portion of chips, in an even layer. Sprinkle the chopped chilies over it. Next break the eggs over the chips. Place the pan on a medium flame. Sprinkle some salt, pepper, and chili powder over each egg. Cover the pan with a lid, and allow the eggs to fry. Remove from flame when eggs are cooked to your liking. Garnish with cilantro and lime juice, and serve with hot toast or chapatti.

Notes:

*The eggs should be the consistency of fried eggs. If you like a hard yolk, then break the yolk when you put the eggs in or they will not harden properly. These eggs can’t be flipped, so the lid forces the top of the eggs to cook, by retaining the heat and moisture from the pan.

*The flame must be medium or medium-low. If it’s too high the chips may start to burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to leave me any comments.