Thursday, May 21, 2015

Baked Oatmeal

Baked Oatmeal
I'd printed this recipe several years ago, and it's been lying in my folder untouched and forgotten.Well, it's time to thin this folder and discover something new to eat, so I tried this
Baked Oatmeal and it was delicious. The first time I made it, I did exactly what the recipe said, the second time around, I mixed in some raisins and almonds, but left the rest of the recipe exactly the same and that made it even better. It's delicious to have warmed up and drowned in cold milk for breakfast, but my husband and I also had it as dessert a couple of times with some vanilla ice cream, drizzled with honey. So give it a try, it's worth it.

Baked Oatmeal

3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk eggs, milk and butter. Stir into oat mixture until blended.
Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Bake 40-45 minutes or until set. Serve warm with cold milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Feel free to leave me any comments.